The Convention is hosted by the DGLR, German Society for Aeronautics and Astronautics and is held in close collaboration with the The Airship Association. Additional support is provided by The Airship Heritage Trust, The American Institute for Aeronautics and Astronautics and The Lighter-Than-Air Society of America.
The Convention‘s mission is to strengthen industrial alliances and working relationship and to provide a forum for the presentation and discussion of all scientific and technical areas relating low and high altitude airships, manned and unmanned.
Major subject areas will cover:
- Research and Development
- Current Projects and Technology
- Mission and mission payload
The Convention language will be English. The papers selected by the committee will be published in the conference Proceedings. Each author shall present the paper orally (20 minutes plus 10 minutes for discussion).
The Convention will be held at the New Exhibition in Friedrichshafen, please find further information on the following site: http://www.messe-friedrichshafen.de/html/en/index.php
- High Altitude Platforms for Communications and other Services - a workshop of the EC funded programme COST 297(www.hapcos.org)
- Cargo Airships for Logistic - a workshop of the EC funded EuroRussian programme VEATAL (www.VEATAL.com)
- Welcome cocktail party
- Lord Mayor´s reception
- Visit of Zeppelin Museum with special exhibition „100 years of Zeppelin Luftschiffbau“
- Convention banquette
- Radio controlled airship regatta
- Centenary celebration of Luftschiffbau Zeppelin in the Zeppelin hangar on Saturday 11th October
- Spouse and partner programme